Hello to all! As you know, nail care runs deep in my veins. I love to share with my clients about safer products and the correct uses. But first, we need to know the basics before we can achieve healthy feet and hands.
To get beautiful natural nails, follow these five easy tips.
- Use a less toxic nail polish. Many polishes contain dangerous chemicals such as toluene and formaldehyde. But, some companies such as Lenora Nail Colors offer 5-free formulas as a safer alternative. Please read the labels before buying any products for your nails.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is good for so many things, including nails. It can prevent brittleness and help with hydration.
- Moisturize several times a day, especially after hand washing. Using hand sanitizer can be very drying to your skin and nails. Before going to bed, I suggest applying cuticle oil on the nails and a heavy cream to keep your hands soft.
- Do not clip or pull on living skin. This is so important. I see clients that have gone to their local ‘chop shop’ and the skin is scarred, swollen and thick around the nail beds. This could lead to dangerous infections and much pain.
- Take a break from nail polish. Nail polish is still made with chemicals, so it wouldn’t hurt to skip enhancements or nail polish from time to time. I personally love the buff to shine look for my nails. You can see the condition of your fingernails and toenails and monitor any discoloration or disease.
To purchase a safer nail polish visit www.lenoranailcolors.com
Facebook Lenora Nail Colors